Sunday, April 8, 2012

Clean Up, Clean Up, Everybody Everywhere



I love having a clean house, however, I hate cleaning all day. Since a lot of what I am cleaning is the result of my two wild and crazy boys, I have finally come up with a plan to get them to complete chores without all the whining and crying that is typical. Below is our new "Chore Chart"


Since we are also learning about money I decided to add that into our chart. Every chore completed earns 1 penny. When they have earned 10 cents they can choose from the green prize box, or they can choose to wait until they have 25 cents and choose a "super" prize from the blue box.  The pink sticky tabs are additional things that can be added to "mom/dad's choice." Some ideas are help cook dinner, dust, pickup bathroom etc. 



All these prizes cost less than $20 at the Dollar Tree, and the kids are so excited to earn them.


So far the new chore chart has been a huge motivator, especially for Drew. He will even help his little brother pick up to earn an extra penny!

No comments:

Post a Comment